The virtual world offers possibilities but also has limitations. Just like the physical world. So what best practices can we adopt to ensure that people can work together optimally and as easily as possible in all circumstances?
In this training you will learn:
- Which principles and techniques from physical consultation/brainstorming/meeting can best be used in a digital environment and vice versa.
- How you can best 'pace' your meeting so that the energy of the participants keeps flowing (as opposed to digital fatigue).
- How to make sure that all participants are focused and stay focused and actively participate.
- How to work with various forms of resistance.
- Take online (and live) conversation to the next level.
- Take on specific roles: trainer/presenter, coach, facilitator during meetings.
- Easy to use techniques and methods (for both digital and physical meetings).
Module 1: Tools for online & physical meetings
- Setting up an effective digital environment in MS Teams, Zoom, ...
- Principles and techniques for online interaction, engagement etc.
- Interaction matrix digital / analogue vs. participant / facilitator
Module 2: Framing and roles
- What if a meeting was a game...
- Your role in a meeting
- Setting up a safe space
- Opening - exploring - closing
- Divergence and convergence
- Turning resistance, conflict and disagreement into consensus
- Safety > connection > trust
Module 3: Work forms for interaction and participation
- Basic techniques
- Building a report
- Three Point Attention
- Pacing & Timing
- Various work forms
Module 4: Application
- Participants are given the opportunity to test the principles and techniques taught
- Feedback from the group and the coach
"With these four modules, people learn how an online environment can be a tempting and complementary alternative to working together in person." - Steff